This award winning projects consists of two modern extensions to a 1920’s bungalow near Haytor. The
existing house is of little architectural merit and did not relate well to its garden, but has significant historical
interest as it was first owned by a close friend of Agatha Christie. The garden features much of the original
planting including gifts from the writer to her friend. The new sun room responds to the landscape with a
curved expanse of glass offering panoramic views across Dartmoor and an intimate relationship with the
garden. The new front entrance is a green oak structure supporting a glass roof allowing natural light deep
into the house.